Thursday, September 1, 2011

details






This is the second version of the woman's jeans for Katie. The first pair turned out to be too tight. This pair seems to be pretty good. I had a two little mistakes happen, as you may be able to see, but Katie's pretty happy with them overall. I changed a lot of little things on the pattern for this one. I'll change a few more things on the next pair, maybe reduce the width of the seat seam so it fits a little more shapely, add more curve around the hips, space the buttons better, etc. I'd really like to use thicker thread, but my 1950's White just won't do it.

Ingredients: Kurabo Mills (Japan) 13 oz denim, 2% stretch, Cone Mills red-line selvedge denim belt loops, unbleached cotton broadcloth pocket bags, hand-peened copper rivets, two tack buttons, and one vintage open-top button, hand sewn.

I typically always use American made denim, but I couldn't find any heavier weight stretch denim that was made in the U.S. This is good stuff though; good color and feels sturdy.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I do love them.. .and I can't wait to see what little changes you make for the next pair. But I am quite happy with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey k_bot and Russell! i know that satomi is interested in these jeans. they look killer yo!

    ReplyDelete