Sunday, October 16, 2011

Broadcloth Boxers, v.3, black & white chambray


















I've run out of knit fabric, but I'm still trying to perfect my boxers pattern, so here's a broadcloth version. These are loosely based on American WWII military issue boxer shorts. I like the look of them, but I overcompensated for the lack of stretch by adding too much extra material in the body; I'll bring in the body some and reduce the number of pleats on the next pair so they're not so baggy. These seem to have a lot of extra sag around the seat too.

Materials: black and white cotton chambray; vintage enameled work shirt buttons.
Construction: single needle, hand-felled seams; hand-punched keyhole buttonholes.

1 comment:

  1. Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. cheap boxer shorts

    ReplyDelete