Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Home-made Pomade


I made this early this summer. I don't use it very often, mostly for greasin' my dried up hair and scalp after being in the saltwater and sun at the beach. It works okay for that, though I think the wax isn't fully dissolved; sometimes there's little dust size bits of it in my hair. Need to work on that.

Here's the recipe:

1 tsp beeswax
1/4 oz coconut oil
1/2 oz jojoba oil
1/2 oz almond oil

Place a glass container of your choice into a pot of water. Add wax and oil into glass container. Slowly heat up the water until the wax has melted. Remove from heat and once it starts to cool mix in essential oils of your choice. I used the following:

3 drops cedar oil
1 drop eucalyptus
1 drop patchouli
1 drop tea tree

These seemed to combine well and made a good woodsy and somewhat earthy scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment